Queen Street

The original Queen Street ran north from Peabody Street to an indefinite point beyond Liberty Street. It was built prior to 1887, when it appeared on the Branson's Directory map.

Queen Street remained in the original form until some time before 1907, when a short South Queen Street appears on the Sanborn Insurance Map below the railroad, between Pine (now Roxboro) and Ramsey streets. Later maps show South Queen connecting Mount Vernon Street with Proctor.

By 1913, a northern extension had been opened from Holloway Street to Canal, but a gap between remained between Liberty and Holloway streets; the gap had been filled by the mid-1930s.

St. Philip's Episcopal ChurchBeth El Synagogue