Liberty Street



A portion of what became Liberty Street appears on the Blount map of Durham's Station c. 1867 as part of an east-west twist in the Roxboro Road. By 1881, the Gray Map showed it running east from Church Street to Dillard.

Between 1925 and 1937, it was extened east past the city limits, incorporating the former Lottie Street in East Durham - possibly named for Lottie Moore, a landowner in the area. In the early 1970s, its westernmost portion was reconfigured to form a short portion of the Downtown Loop.

Landmarks
1976 Main LibraryBeth El Synagogue