St. Philip's Episcopal Church

The Gothic Revival St. Philip's Episcopal Church, located at 403 East Main Street, is actually the congregation's second building which replaced the original wood-frame church first built in 1880. The building's massive street-front tower is emblematic of the architectural style, inspired by medieval parish churches in rural England. Church architect Ralph Adam Cram designed the church; Durham architect George Watts Carr Sr. designed the adjoining Parish Hall which was added in 1945.
Streets
Main StreetQueen Street