Hillandale Elementary School

Hillandale Elementary Schools history goes back to some time before 1908, when it was called the Reservoir School because of its location near the original city reservoir on Huckleberry Hill, near the intersection of Cole Mill and Rose of Sharon roads.

The name was changed to Hillandale in 1921, and 10 years later the school school abandoned its original site for a new building at Hillandale Road and Carver Street. Hillandale continued there until 1993, when it moved again, north up Hillandale Road to its current 42-acre campus. With almost 86,000 square feet inside its buildings, Hillandale is designed for 691 students.